If I Stay movie review


Hi,

Sorry if this post seems rush. I have just got home, its currently 20 to 11 and I have to be in school for half 8 tomorrow so a quick review!

I have just got back from seeing If I stay with a small group of friends (would you say 9 people is a small group?). To be perfectly honest when I got to the cinema I didn’t know what the film was called or what it was about so I watched it not having a clue on the story line or what was going to happen.

The movie is about Mia and after her and her family get in a car crash she has to decide whether to die or stay alive with her up and coming star of a boyfriend.

After the accident she has an out of body experience discovering what is happening to the rest of her family and how the people in her life are being affected by the accident. Due to this she gets to analyse her life, mainly after she met her boyfriend Adam, on what is currently happening and make a decision on if she wants to go or if she push herself to survive.

The movie shows how Adam and her got together along with the fights, intimate moments and nerves that come with this music student and her decision on going to Juilliard or stick to current plans. The movie contains some blood and surgery scenes but very mild but if this disturbs you I still recommend seeing it as it’s only for small periods of time.

I don’t want to ruin the movie by giving spoilers away but when I first started watching it I thought it would be one of those films where it’s a hopeless girl fighting to be with her boyfriend which she’s madly in love with and how they will live happily ever after. It has elements of this but it really isn’t one of those cheesy films that make you want to crawl up and cringe.

The characters are crazy but relatable, although we may not all have ‘rock gods’ as parents and have a perfect family life, you related with Mia in the way of going through her emotions with her and instantly falling in love with her boyfriend and brother.

The beautiful Chloë Grace Moretz, serious girl crush on her, plays Mia and seriously though has she ever done a bad movie? An actor that I haven’t heard of before, Jamie Blackley, but honestly new actor crush, played the boyfriend Adam and Liana Liberato, who I’ve been seeing everywhere lately played the best friend Kim.

To be completely honest I’ve seen worse films and although I probably wouldn’t buy it myself on DVD I wouldn’t be upset if someone brought it for me. Overall a good film and both my best friend and I agree its 3.5/5.

Has anyone else seen it or have a massive girl crush on Chloë Grace Moretz?

Talk to you later x

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

  1. I definitely have a girl crush on Chloe Moretz too! She did a great job in the movie and I'm so excited to see more emotional acting from her. Great movie review, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much that means a lot to me :)
      OMG I've become obsessed with her! Haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts